fuego fireplaces-heat 3000sq ft?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpInSmoke

Dec 15, 2006
Southeast Iowa
three questions:
1) Does anyone know anything about fuego fireplaces? They are manufactured in Burlington Iowa and a link is as follows:
http://www.fireplacesandwoodstoves.com/product-directory/fuego.aspx The company claims to be able to heat up to 3000sq ft with zero clearance and no fans. My wife would like a woodburning fireplace for looks and resale, but still wants heat. I was looking at the Pacific Energy Summit to put in my finished wall (ceiling is not finished yet) basement for additional heat , i got a modular 1100sq ft on a walkout basement...currently on LP.? Good option?

2)Second is the summit a great stove for heat and worth the price $1900 - I emailed elk about his opinion i saw that he mentioned it in another thread. /I'm new and not sure i did it right/

3)The modular home has insulation under the main floor, I would assume that removing some or all of it would be beneficial for heat transfer? there are some ducts run to heat the basement currently on the LP furnace. Remove all, some, or any? I do intend to eventially finish the ceiling with drop tile.

My original intentions was to cut some direct vents to the main floor and heat with a woodstove. LP for back up.

Thanks!

Heat output up to 50,000 BTU
Seems reasonable

Heating capacity of up to 3,000 square feet
Where is the building located Hawaii?
R-30 in the walls and R50 in the ceilings?

Status
Not open for further replies.