Funny noise from P61A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Emmie

Jan 22, 2021
Central NH
Our P61A is making a noise we never heard before - it's not a loud sound - it kind of sounds like pellets going down a chute. It is quiet and then we hear this, it goes quiet and then starts again. We shut it down today and started it up about 1/2 hour ago and it started and is running without any problems. I've attached a sound file. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA!

Attachments

• My recording 20 (1).mp3
    58.2 KB
Last edited:
I can only hear the fans in the audio. But hearing the pellets move is not unusual. sometimes I weird out because I don't hear the pellets moving in my P43 and I think something must be wrong.

Our P61A is making a noise we never heard before - it's not a loud sound - it kind of sounds like pellets going down a chute. It is quiet and then we hear this, it goes quiet and then starts again. We shut it down today and started it up about 1/2 hour ago and it started and is running without any problems. I've attached a sound file. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA!

That's a normal noise. Our P43 does it, my theory is smaller pellets make it happen more, longer ones don't. It's just some pellets dropping down from the hopper to the auger area.

sam