Furnace cement - easily removable?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SculptureOfSound

Feeling the Heat
Sep 9, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
I was planning to use some furnace cement around both the top outlet on my Montpelier insert (it's bolted and gasketed to the body) and also where the liner goes through the block off plate.

I'm curious, how hard is it to remove in the future?

Are there certain brands that are easier or to remove but work just as well?

I don't foresee needing to make adjustments any time soon but as this is my first experience with an insert so you never know.

I was planning to use some furnace cement around both the top outlet on my Montpelier insert (it's bolted and gasketed to the body) and also where the liner goes through the block off plate.

I'm curious, how hard is it to remove in the future?

Are there certain brands that are easier or to remove but work just as well?

I don't foresee needing to make adjustments any time soon but as this is my first experience with an insert so you never know.
If it is gasketed dont mess it up with furnace cement. And furnace cement will just fall out from around the liner in theblockoff plate dont bother.