Furnace hotter than stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

04HemiRam2500

Feeling the Heat
Jul 10, 2013
SW PA
I have the englander 30 my neighbor was thinking about the englander furnace he thinks that since there is an air jacket on the furnace it will give off hotter air than the stove? I don't think this is true you?

How many CFM is moving through the furnace? That depends on ductwork length, size, quality, size of blower (which costs A LOT to operate.

TS

All depends on where you are measuring the temp. At the firebox, same. Both will heat the house. As boilerman said, if ya have a large blower on the furnace, running on high, tons of CFMs, the blower is gonna "cycle" a lot, so temps will vary according to where you are in the cycle. Too small blower, runnin slow, high temps, but gonna overheat the firebox. A lot of variables here...

Status
Not open for further replies.