FutureFuel Pellets from Home Defect?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smudge88

Hearth Supporter
Sep 24, 2008
Cedar Knolls, N.J.
Has anyone burned them? Just bought 20 bags in North Jersey...Had 3 tons of Agway in the garage...between me tand the GF's stoves we've burn a ton and a 1/2 already...and being a pellet pig...and Agway is out for the season...picked up a trial batch...at 5.98 a bag...

I don't think this counts as "burned them" but I bought one bag from HD just to try and they burned good and hot but were a bit ashey. Would I buy a ton of them after burning one bag..... probably....if I didn't find anything else to burn. Just my $.02.

burned a couple bags a few weeks ago, burned pretty god, heat was fine , ash a bit high but fluffy. had to knock back the LFF on my stove a notch as they were quite small mostly 1/2 inch long, overall i was satisfied with them and would use them again

I bought a ton about a month ago for 5.98/bag which seems to be the lowest price in ct, at least at the time I was looking & nobody else had any pellets to sell at all, so it was a choice of buy these or freeze.

They burn ok but seem a bit more ashy than some others i had bought in the past.. I have to clean out the stove every 3 bags burnt.

oink oink, youall!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.