Garden Thread 2023!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Tomatoes are up!!! 6 from dwarf tomato project, the rest are from tomatofest’s hot and humid collection and hot and humid container collection. Only 6 will be in raised beds the rest in straw bales or bags.

IMG_9625.jpeg

Garden update. I spent some time clearing the back corner of my lot for a garden. I can’t keep it on the patio. Trees were up to 4” Will be container/bale garden for now. I will squirrel prof as best I can. It will need a structure to support 30-40% shade cloth come the end of may or the beginning of June.

More tomatoes setting all the time. Color on the first ones is starting to change. Salad gutter is the best performing method. Just 3:1 coco core /perilite and watered with the same hydroponic solution as the tomatoes.

IMG_9633.jpeg IMG_9635.jpeg IMG_9636.jpeg IMG_9637.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: begreen
Looks great. That's impressive progress, especially for February. Cold weather has returned here. I had to pull my citrus back into the greenhouse. Lots of nightime temps in the 30s are forecast for the next 10 days at least.

Reactions: EbS-P