Garrison 1. SOLD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTburning

Nov 9, 2008
Western CT
I finally sold my Garrison 1 with a soapstone top today for $350. It was in like new condition when I bought my home 3 years ago and I burned 4-5 cords through it. I really liked the stove but knew it was way too inefficient for the way I wanted to burn this year. I burned 2 cords of soft maple in 2 months last winter when I had some interior construction going on and had to keep the place warm during the day (burning 24/7). I enjoy splitting but 6 cords this spring (5 by hand and 1 with a friends splitter) took its toll on me. Besides I only have 1-2 acres to cut from and I need to conserve wood before my mountain of a backyard is desolate. I am switching over to my new Fireview this fall and am looking forward to watching the fire as I sit in comfort. My questions are 1. Do you think I got a fair price for a 30 year old stove? 2. For those of you who may have used a Garrison in the past, how much less wood should I expect with the new stove?

Never burned a Garrison, but if it's a pre EPA stove I bet your Fireview will burn 30-50% less wood.

who cares if we think it was a good price. obviously you and the purchaser did otherwise the deal wouldn't have gone through.

I imagine the Garrison didn't sell for a lot more than $350, 30 yrs ago. Everyone should be happy, especially the new Fireview owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.