Gas furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hustle4Lyfe

Dec 27, 2020
New Castle Pa
I have an old XXth Century cast iron gas furnace that recently stopped working.. We recently replaced the thermocouple and the gas valve. At that time it worked but not like it should n soon got worse. Now i have to go into the basement and jump 2 of the 3 terminals on the valve in order for the burner to kick on and whenever it decides it has run its course it shuts off and i have to manually start it again by jumping the 2 terminals. I have already disconnected the thermostat and tied the 2 wires together but nothing happened. The valve is a millivolt system and im getting multiple suggestions from different sources with no positive feedback. Any good advice would be helpful as winter is here and we are tired of freezing

This was the old valve that we replaced. The only difference between the two are that tge new one is a type 433 i believe where as the old one was type 300

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201227-113953.png
    Screenshot_20201227-113953.png
    320.3 KB · Views: 99