gas house heater blower wont turn on when called for heat. just hear a click. ...fired up the boile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamant118

Oct 12, 2014
pa
gas house heater blower wont turn on when called for heat. just hear a click.

...fired up the boiler today and when i switched the house thermostat to heat and adjusted the temp all i hear is a click at the blower in the basement! what could cause this?

A fan control relay or contact.
RSLR8222D1014.jpg

Could be a whole lotta things. Maybe even as easy as a loose door on the front of your furnace.

Check your manual for trouble shooting tips, check the easy things and then call a pro if it still won't come on. That would be my two cents...

The click is the contactor closing. May be the contacts, broken wire, bad motor. Bug squished between contacts? Got mice?

Status
Not open for further replies.