Gas shutoff

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Briank

Nov 22, 2015
Rhode Island
Hi, my Jotul gas stove has worked perfectly for many years of seasonal shutdown and restart. This year the gas was not getting to the burners so I cleaned my stove and cleaned the oxidation on the Thermopile. I started the pilot light and let stand for 10 minutes before adjusting the thermostat to start it up. It worked, my burners lit up and everything looked great for about 10 minutes when all of a sudden it just shut down and cut off the gas including my pilot light. My unit is a Jotul DV400. Can you try to help me? Thanks, Brian

Did you check the venting for bees or birds or something else that could be obstructing this intake or exhaust?
What type of venting do you have? Vertical? Horizontal?

Status
Not open for further replies.