Gasket Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TheAshMan

Aug 12, 2019
Massachusetts
Hello,
I have a Ravelli RV100 and am currently wrapping up yearly maintenance thanks to this forum and a lot of YouTube.

My 4” tee cap was very tough to get off at first but I was able to eventually pry it off. Unfortunately while putting the tee cap back on I mangled the red rubber ring gasket and it ripped. I have scoured the internet to find replacements but to no avail. I tested it without the gasket, but of course I had a lot of smoke leaking out.

My question is, is there anywhere I can buy these gaskets? Am I searching for the wrong thing?

When I get the gasket, where does it go? Does it go on the inside of the cap?

TIA!

Why are using the 4in exhaust pipe rv100c.? Mine has a 3in exhaust and I used duravent which is much better than the rubber gasket piping. I have four inch rubber pipe gaskets on my Vista flame and I can't even get the 90° separated from the other pipe no matter what I try.

Also if you had a TT when I have to take the pipe apart. Double T's are very expensive but always you have to do is take the end off and stick at 3 and vac hose in there to suck all the dust out

Why are using the 4in exhaust pipe rv100c.? Mine has a 3in exhaust and I used duravent which is much better than the rubber gasket piping. I have four inch rubber pipe gaskets on my Vista flame and I can't even get the 90° separated from the other pipe no matter what I try.
4” drafts better and takes longer to clog up. Most manufacturers recommend 4” for any run over 10’

I burn 4 to 5 ton a season 24/7 and I never get a dirty pipe. I run the pipe brush thru it once a season. I also have a double t so I just clean out exhaust every month with a shop vac. Works really well.

I burn 4 to 5 ton a season 24/7 and I never get a dirty pipe. I run the pipe brush thru it once a season. I also have a double t so I just clean out exhaust every month with a shop vac. Works really well.
I’d say the amount of maintenance your doing is what’s saving you. Most of the time whenever I go to brush a 3 inch segment of pipe horizontal runs are a quarter to half full of ash and vertical runs tend to have a few cups more of ash then I would normally see on a 4 inch vertical run. If you’re cleaning your stove so well that you’re not getting any ash in the chimney, then that’s great. However, I would say your scenario is the exception rather than the rule, and you might check your units installation manual, because you may not be in compliance with 3 inch running that far which could put you personally liable in the event of a house fire If you are not already on your own since you did not have it installed by a certified professional. Some insurance companies don’t care, some do.

Reactions: Ssyko