GE gas cooktop JPG3030

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cjahn

Mar 2, 2019
Tennessee
I recently purchased a new GE gas cooktop. I only have access to propane so I followed the instructions and changed the orifices as well as inverted the plug in the provided gas regulator to propane. I purchased a new propane regulator from the local propane store to install at the tank. The propane deal told me which (at the tank) regulator I needed. I have pressure all the way too, coming out of the cook top regulator (2nd regulator). I connected everything per the manual and don't seem to have any gas at the burners. What have I done wrong? There is no lock on this cooktop that I am aware of.

Thanks cjahn

I recently purchased a new GE gas cooktop. I only have access to propane so I followed the instructions and changed the orifices as well as inverted the plug in the provided gas regulator to propane. I purchased a new propane regulator from the local propane store to install at the tank. The propane deal told me which (at the tank) regulator I needed. I have pressure all the way too, coming out of the cook top regulator (2nd regulator). I connected everything per the manual and don't seem to have any gas at the burners. What have I done wrong? There is no lock on this cooktop that I am aware of.

Thanks cjahn
You can't smell or hear any gas either if you turn the gas on without igniting it? Obvious question, did you re-open the main valve, sorry but I had to ask. Secondly, I'd make sure you have flow through the regulator, disconnect the line to the cooktop and make sure you have a flow of propane. These are not complicated systems, and the fix should be easy.

Bump