generator break in?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maverick06 said:
From what I have learned by my carb engines is that their design is very critical to their performance (understatement of the year). Up until about a year ago I never used stabilized gas and all of my engines were effectively mistreated (not drained, no stabilizer, let sit idle for many months) and you know what, they all worked perfect! Since I have had 2 or 3 engines that are much more delicate. I now run my engines dry/drain the carb and use stabilizer in everything! That being said i still dont run my snowblower in summer and dont run my lawn mower in the winter....

FWIW I also treat my fuel oil for the oil burner with biocide and stabilizer. Since I have burnt 30 gallons of fuel each year for the past 4 years.... I have about 120 gallons left, dont want it to go bad.

thanks for the advice guys!
I too have left over oil , only burning 125 gallons of the 250 gallon oil tank for my oil burner. I just add Amsoil diesel fuel additive before a fill up from the oil delivery guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.