Generator Information

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in my use when power is out, my genny rarely surges in rpms. Maybe since I use those flourecent screw ins and the wife is miser?

Hi All - just to muddy the waters a bit; we had a late season ice storm up here in Central Ontario last Friday - our power was out from Friday 9am to Sunday 9pm. Broke out my champion 3000/4000 genny which ran computer, microwave, fridge, lights, flat screen TV OK but wouldn't run my ECO-65 pellet stove!!! It started up OK, but the fans sounded like a bag of bolts & the room convection fan would hardly run. Had to shut it down. For next time, should I be putting a pure sine wave inverter between the genny & the stove?? Appreciate your thoughts.

Yup, try something like the ups in my sig. it conditions wall power, and is pure sine on its battery (unplugged/not running on generator), so the conditioner should clean up the generator a ton.

Let us know how it works. Most UPS go nuts on generator power.

My cheap chinese inverter runs through my ups to.the stove without issue. There are generator settings on these units that will allow more fluctuation before switching to battery power.

Status
Not open for further replies.