Getting Close

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vikestand

Feeling the Heat
Oct 29, 2014
Missurah
Back stack is ready to roll this winter. Front hopefully next and working on the year after. Son and I just put up a mixture of maple, wild cherry and white oak. The oak has been cut and split in a pile for about 6 months.
IMG_2604.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice! I love the fact that you have plenty of room to assure air movement around the stacks.

LG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What I should prolly do is start putting the pallets in a singular row. That way the stacks in the middle get more air/light aswell. I moved them from a previous spot because of the nice North/South winds I get through here. And they are in sunlight from10am to 6pm every day. Admittedly I made them that far apart to fit my mower through lol. Hopefully before my pile is burned up you will see another set. I am trying to get a few years out. I burn a little less than four chords a year. Even less like last winter where I had an entire row(1of4) left over.