Glass Cleaner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

highlife

Hearth Supporter
Oct 21, 2010
Michigan
Hello, it’s been a while since I visited here. I do not believe I posted this before, regardless, I thought I would share.

I tried many products and methods to get the black baked on soot off the glass of my insert. It needed to be done after every 3 or 4 burns. The longer I waited the harder it was to remove.

I finally tried a different product, Pauline’s Pride, made by BioKleen. It’s an all natural product. I was given a bottle as a gift for general cleaning. I happened to try it on my insert door and couldn’t believe the result. It literally melted the soot right off! It did take a little scrubbing and a couple applications for the heavier deposits, but if I kept up with it, the product worked way better than anything else I tried.

Try it out, I think you will be impressed. I am in no way tied to this or any product, it just got lucky I guess.

Hello, it’s been a while since I visited here. I do not believe I posted this before, regardless, I thought I would share.

I tried many products and methods to get the black baked on soot off the glass of my insert. It needed to be done after every 3 or 4 burns. The longer I waited the harder it was to remove.

I finally tried a different product, Pauline’s Pride, made by BioKleen. It’s an all natural product. I was given a bottle as a gift for general cleaning. I happened to try it on my insert door and couldn’t believe the result. It literally melted the soot right off! It did take a little scrubbing and a couple applications for the heavier deposits, but if I kept up with it, the product worked way better than anything else I tried.

Try it out, I think you will be impressed. I am in no way tied to this or any product, it just got lucky I guess.
Honestly the best glass cleaner is dry wood and hot fires. You need to adjust things about your burning habits if you are having that much trouble.

Thanks for the tip highlife. That could be a boon to cat stove owners.

Reactions: bholler
Regular Walmart house brand oven cleaner works awesome

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
I have never found anything that cleans as good as rubbing ash from the firebox on the glass with a damp paper towel.

Doesn't even require much pressure.

I'd highly recommend trying this before buying anything.

Reactions: Elle
I have never found anything that cleans as good as rubbing ash from the firebox on the glass with a damp paper towel.

Doesn't even require much pressure.

I'd highly recommend trying this before buying anything.

This. Works outstandingly well.

This. Works outstandingly well.
You beat me to it as far as Nateums post. Easy & endless supply of cleaner right near the area to be cleaned ,if necessary.

Glass top stove top cleaner works great. The best thing is hot fires I very rarely have to clean my glass.

Vinegar in a spray bottle for me. Works great