Glass getting ashed up too much on Harman XXV.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sailer dude

Nov 5, 2017
Michigan
I
I have a Harmon XXV pellet stove. This is the beginning of the 4th season of use. The glass is ashing up a little over halfway down the glass as opposed to the top quarter normally. It is SUPER hard to clean off. I have to use a razor blade ( a no no) and there is creosote along the bottom edge of the glass and some on the heat exchanger. I talked to the dealer and checked what he recommended..gasket is good, made sure the burn pot air holes are clear, used a vent brush on the vent going out the ash box area and clean the vent going out the wall as well. The feed and fan seem to be working as usual. Any suggestions as what the problem might be?

P. S. Has anyone bought the new advanced fan for this stove and do you think it's any better... i.e. quieter or more powerful than the original ?