Glo fire 301 assembly HELP!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DKbrox

Feb 25, 2018
Kansas
E2F52479-BB1B-4F3F-9069-9F489646B234.jpeg 15365F68-E086-46F6-A25A-B47BAF6C12E1.jpeg 382E71CA-9310-4D86-AB7A-65C9337BCE78.jpeg 30FC92EE-63C0-4B4C-A90F-24BFAC7F66F4.jpeg

We recently purchased what we think is a glo fire 301. (Photos attached). We are not sure if everything is there and how to put the heat plates in. Looking for some expert help. (non expert help is also appreciated)

Also in any of the pictures I have seen, this door is different it doesn’t have the name on it. I don’t know if it’s maybe older, newer or maybe replaced. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 223505 View attachment 223506

View attachment 223507

View attachment 223508

We recently purchased what we think is a glo fire 301. (Photos attached). We are not sure if everything is there and how to put the heat plates in. Looking for some expert help. (non expert help is also appreciated)

Also in any of the pictures I have seen, this door is different it doesn’t have the name on it. I don’t know if it’s maybe older, newer or maybe replaced. Thoughts?

read this: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/glo-fire-301-question.44424/

View attachment 223550
We had seen this but it doesn’t show HOW to install it. It's the upper baffle we have a question about. It doesn’t look quite right. (See photo) it may be correctly installed but I just need a confirmation.

It looks ok in the rear but should be lower in the front. Here's a shot of our stove in the greenhouse. Sorry for the bags, the stove awaits lighting which hasn't happened this year.
f602-inside.jpg

PS: Why is there water on the floor of the stove? That's not good for it.

I've had one of these stoves for many years just sitting in my garage "just in case." Now I want to get it running and I've found that the upper baffle and side plates are missing. Is there any way to get the dimensions so I can have them fabricated locally? Or a source to buy them? I did find this-- https://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/WoodCoalParts/Baffles/Cast/Product/UplandBaffle1212x934 But at $193 that's why I'd rather have them made...
Thanks.

20240101_154212.jpg 20240101_154334.jpg 20240101_163656.jpg

That part is an Upland baffle, but this stove looks more like a Jotul 602 clone. If so, these may fit. Ask Woodmans.

Does it have Taiwan cast in somewhere on the back?

Reactions: MT_Rick
That part is an Upland baffle, but this stove looks more like a Jotul 602 clone. If so, these may fit. Ask Woodmans.

I'll dig it out tomorrow and look for a Taiwan casting.
Your link to the Jotul diagram is great! I can see the exact parts, and much less expensive than the link I posted..
MANY thanks. I'll look tomorrow.

Nope. No Taiwan cast on the back.
I have the three pieces in my shopping cart on Woodman's.. Just working on the "finance manager" to authorize it. :) She's as tightwad as I am.

No, No Taiwan casting.
Is there any way to get the exact measurements and maybe have them fabricated locally?

I'd call Woodmans. Someone may have already asked this about the Glo Fire. Ask about the return policy if they don't fit.

The baffle must fit properly, especially at the rear of the stove. Otherwise flue gases will leak back there and may overheat and crack the flue collar or back of the stove. Some people have made side shields out of 1/4" steel by making a cardboard template to fit. I don't recall any long term reports about how well they stood up over time.

Reactions: MT_Rick
I'd call Woodmans. Someone may have already asked this about the Glo Fire. Ask about the return policy if they don't fit.

The baffle must fit properly, especially at the rear of the stove. Otherwise flue gases will leak back there and may overheat and crack the flue collar or back of the stove. Some people have made side shields out of 1/4" steel by making a cardboard template to fit. I don't recall any long term reports about how well they stood up over time.
Yeah, the template would be hard to come by. Unless I just get in there and try to make a cardboard piece that fits perfectly. Or are the sides not as critical as the top? I'm guessing the stock sides just hang from those protrusions and the top/baffle lays on top of the side edges? Trying to visualize... :)
I think I paid about $75 for the stove and it's been sitting for years. Now I wanted to get it ready for emergency use but wow, these prices. 😨😨

And now I find these side plates, which say they're for the Jotul 602 but they're different dimensions. And a different Jotul part number. I measured the inside and it looks like they'd fit, depending on where the holes line up...

Last edited:

Heheheh. Never Mind.! I just found and ordered this complete set: