Good deal for saw?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
Looking to upgrade my saw....wondering if folks think this is a fair price:

Stihl 260 Pro - $350 (Hubbardston)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-10-18, 8:38PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a beautiful saw in almost new condition.
I used it to cut up approx. 10 cord of wood.
Has a 18" bar.
It just sits now and have no use for it.
If interested please let me know.
I may trade towards a snowmobile trailer must be 101" x 10'

Attachments

• chainsaw.jpg
    chainsaw.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 306
Good saw but you could do much better, $-wise, if you have time to wait for a deal to fall in your lap.
For that $ I'd be buying from a dealer that would stand behind it.

That saw is close to 5 bills at a dealer. Get him down to $300 and it might be a good buy if it is in real good shape (might want to have a dealer check it out if seller will allow)

See if the seller will let you have it looked at by a Stihl dealer.......

Because it is the pro model it is higher priced. You'll get a much better deal with the Farm Boss models and they are good saws. The pro saws are lighter though.

Status
Not open for further replies.