Good News For The Forum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear. Xenforo is REAL nice from a users perspective. They offer lots of neat features that VB doesnt seem to have. The forum developers here appear to have embraced them. This is a real nice layout with lots of great "Alert" type features. Hearth is probably the nicest layout and useability of any of the forums I frequent.

Yep - we knew about that from the start, but given that our old forum SW hadn't been worked on for 5 years prior and is pretty much abandoned (Expression Engine forum), I figured in the worst case we would get 4+ years out of Xenforo and then move onto something else! On the net, 4 years is like an eternity!

I'm glad for the developers. I like to see folks be able to get some of the benefits of their hard work. So far, they basically worked for 2-3 years for nothing. That's tough!

The funny thing is that is the VBB owners were not so rabid and "corporate" since the buyouts, we would probably have moved to that platform. But I don't think they really care much. They are now part of a group which includes Nielsen ratings...pretty big stuff.

Yeah I brought up the possibility of XF losing and going away when Craig was looking for new software. He said it wasn't gonna happen. He nailed that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.