Good price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sbrown28

Nov 13, 2019
Nebraska
Have the opportunity to buy logs cut this past summer for $60/ton. Not sure if this a good deal or not.

Obviously it wouldn’t be good until next year, and I’ve already scrounged about 2 cords that’ll be ready for next year in the past 2 months (just got our first insert a couple weeks ago). Just not sure that my luck will continue through the year. I paid $60 for about 3/4 of actual seasoned wood of this year, and can always get more. We’ve used about half of it already and we’ve only had the stove 2 weeks.

Would love some advice.

What kind of wood. Oak, semi green, 3500lb/cord, $60/ton, $100/cord - you cut, split, stack. A lot of guys can't justify the time - but if you've got the time, throw that if for free, then ?

$60 for 3/4 cord? I'd load up on that especially if its seasoned, the first year you go through more than you expect so get as much as you can process, stack on your lot.