Got a new ash vac!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Minister of Fire
Nov 21, 2005
Casper Wyoming
I got a cheetah for my pellet stove at home. I like the all metal construction no worries about sucking up the warm ashes. Not like you can vacuum up a red hot coal or anything but it's still a good idea I think.

For a wood stove I completely agree. It's hard to plug a cheetah though. Pellet stoves though (especially mine) I find it hard to use the conventional ash removal method as it usually makes a horrible mess. One thing that I alway advise people on when purchasing a pellet stove now is that while the manufacturers only require 6" hearths their doors are around 12-18" in depth and when you open them the ash collected on them can fall on pretty white carpet (my case) or on a little bit deeper hearth.

Been using that vac for 3 years now, Shane, original filter!...The cheetah has a filter cleaning rod built into the unit, dont even have to open it up to clean the filter....niiiiice unit....goes for around $199.00. We use it in servicing pellet stoves....while its not reccommended, you can suck a live fire out of the burn pot. Sometimes thats useful when you go to someones house, they need stove work, but lo and behold, theres a roaring fire in the unit! Then you have to shut the stove down, wait till it goes out, etc....whereas here, you suck the live coals out, wait for it to cool a bit, and off you go! Obviously, before doing so, you want to make sure the can is empty and not full of sawdust, pellets, etc. By the way, Loveless (the company that sells these vacs) does NOT reccommend sucking burning emebrs into the unit.

maybe we are too low, Shane.....come to think of it, we sell an awful lot of those things..........since its getting warmer here now, and Im not getting the warm and fuzzy feeling that I was getting gouging so many of my customers with my pellets, maybe this is an opportunity...... :coolgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.