GOT A POTENTIAL WOOD SEASONING BREAK THROUGH!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
ok now i have your attention
this is for people with space
if you have 3 HH at say 9ft dia....it gonna be at least 18 ft in any direction
if you did a circle say 20 ft .....using 16in splits.....you could have a 10ft (a little less)empty circle in the middle
with a wall of 64inches of wood all the way around which would allow max drying as wind can blow through it without the same resistance as a traditional 4x4x8 stacked together....
you could even do it bigger with a 7.5 (a little less)ft empty center which would allow at least 6 cords... (my math is prolly off)
but it should season better than 6 square cds... anyways i don't have the space but some one else should try it:)O)))))

I'll get right on that first thing in the morning. :coolsmirk:

BrotherBart said:
I'll get right on that first thing in the morning. :coolsmirk:

me too.... after we finish the gallon of wine and 12 pack...lmao!!!!!!
wife wants to start in the dark.... and i thought i drank to much lololol

Adios Pantalones said:
Hey- drive up and drop off the wood and I'll make the sumbeeyotch.
with all the wood you got over on the eastern side .............i 'll meet you half way .... plus its easier for you to bring it so i'll help you transport it!!!!::)))))))))) to my backyard
just "donate " some of those pretty HH you have .. i will tell bush to give you a tax credit:))))))))) lmao

Adios Pantalones said:
you mutha... :)

Hey- I spent like 10 years out in that aprt of the state. What isn't Springfield or the Quabbin is trees.

why did you leave?? weren't you happy??
from the looks of your pics you a relaxing neck of the woods
but hey since you were here shouldn't be hard for you to make a "delivery" to receive your tax credit!!

i wonder if i put an advertisment in the paper for people to donate wood ...elm oak etc how many businesses would do it????

I'll stack on the outside, you stack on the inside . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.