Got a spare stove and some goodies today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tlc1976

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2012
Northwest Lower Michigan
For $500 I got a lightly used stove identical to mine, spare circuit board new in box, most of the pipe, ash vac, and 3 1/2 bags of pellets. Seller started it up, works fine. Ash vac works good too, now I can leave the shop vac in the shop.

I could put it in the small side of the shop. Or save it for whenever I build that little “cottage” in my woods. Big dreams.

But more than likely, I’ll set it aside for an entire stove’s worth of spares including hard parts. Gives me much peace of mind especially in the middle of winter. Glass breaks, something screws up the auger, heat exchanger goes bad, anything, I got a spare outside. I’ve already got motors and boards on hand but can’t hurt to have more. Burn pot is already better than mine so I’ll be swapping them eventually. Or maybe try Sidecar’s trick of keeping one in water.

E838D0E9-F6EA-464A-9D51-5F915C6E87DD.jpeg

Seller’s feet lol

627BCFF0-5264-40AD-AB1C-F310E4F3C704.jpeg

In my trailer after getting home

I think you got a good deal there...at least hoping..clancey
I’d say a good deal. I paid $850 for mine and now they’re going for about $1400. A lot of people don’t like them but I use a pellet that burns great, and the stove is very simple. I love mine.