Got me 2 new saws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodsplitter67

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2017
Woolwich nj
My local dealer had a sale on saws yesterday only.. a full 20% off .. I picked up the 562 XP and the 435e x-torq.. I saved some good money on gear I'm going to use. The 435 is a smaller saw for limbing and smaller ground work... The 562 is for some of the larger trees that are down up the street.. the base is 41 inch so this saw will get me close to the end..Its a monster red oak..

You cut that Red Oak yet?

Reactions: JimBear
You cut that Red Oak yet?

not yet.. busy at work.. last week was a 6 day work week... I though that we would be shut down but that's not the case here. so were going out and working..

looks like I'll be out the next couple of weeks. I'll get a weekend where I'll be able to hit it up..

I was just wondering how that bigger saw was working out for you..

I liked the 562xp I used when I did tree work. I prefer the 550xp I own now.

If I need bigger I get the 371xp but I rarely use it.

I have the 550xp.. needed something bigger.. the 55oxp is my go to saw.. it's a really good cutter.. needed a bigger saw for a tree I got coming up..