Got the Harman SF-260 running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JrCRXHF

Burning Hunk
Apr 28, 2008
Mid, Michigan
12%2520-%25201.jpg

12%2520-%25201.jpg

After a few months of working on it for a couple hours at a time and not getting done as soon as i would like. I had last week off work and put in 3 long days and got all the stuff piped and ready to go. I have 2 more relays to put in so the wood boiler pump will run if the gas boiler calls for heat to make the plate heat exch warm.

I also have to finish the blanket over the single wall pipe to keep flue temps as warm as possible.

Over all i am happy with the unit. I got it really cheap and it needed a little work but i wish it was a gasier but for the price you can not beat 1 year pay back.

i am keeping the water temp from 140-170F and letting it preheat the water for the gas boiler. The only time it adds gas is when the side arm tank calls for hot water. It does burn wood no question about that i am not filling it all the way up with wood yet but enough big chunks to burn over night with a few coals left over to start another fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.