Got the old girl going again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooked up the old P61 in the basement over the weekend to try and curb the moisture issues in the basement. WOW! I forgot what it was like to have warm floors!

So last night I ran the old girl on stove temp 6 at a feed rate of 3 and when I woke up this morning, still had about 4 pounds in the hopper....so about 7 hours on one bag and the whole house is 74.

My Ecoteck goes through 40 pounds on setting of 5 in about 6 hours and my house is only 67 with cold floors. Just an observation.

Reactions: gbreda
Warm floors and warm house....priceless

Reactions: bill3rail
I love my p61a

I woke up almost sweating this morning for the first time in months. The nightime temps for the first time in a long time were in the 20s. No firing up Elena this morning but have to chase the snowblower:(

Warm floors and warm house....priceless

My floors are never warm due to cold basement. I thought about putting a pellet stove in the basement, but the cost is stopping me. I grew up in Levittown with copper coils throughout the slab floors and it was unbelievable to stand on concrete floor without socks on.

Bill

Hooked up the old P61 in the basement over the weekend to try and curb the moisture issues in the basement. WOW! I forgot what it was like to have warm floors!

So last night I ran the old girl on stove temp 6 at a feed rate of 3 and when I woke up this morning, still had about 4 pounds in the hopper....so about 7 hours on one bag and the whole house is 74.

My Ecoteck goes through 40 pounds on setting of 5 in about 6 hours and my house is only 67 with cold floors. Just an observation.

Sometimes you don't make sense man... a while back you said "Additionally, pellet stoves are not the answer to keeping the oil off entirely"

You complain about your Ecoteck not keeping up (I've never had mine on 5 - just saying) and eating pellets. Mine takes about 10 hours to go through a bag in the deep of winter (-30/-35) and living room/kitchens usually 75 with 65 in bedrooms.

Did you run the P61 with the Ecoteck going as well? I'm glad you got warm floors and likely less moisture but did you have the same problems when the P61 was the only stove? Or was the P61 installed in the basement then too? Be fair in your assessment... they are all just stoves not miracle workers... and yeah, some have lousy screws.

Three to four bags a day seems like an awful lot for this neck of the woods....Yikes!

shes running on feed rate 3 and stove temp 3 and maintaining 74 in the house, must be 30 or so outside now. seems like i was going through more pellets over the weekend but i was trying to raise the temp too.

Lake Girl - my comment about pellet stoves not being the answer to staying off oil entirely points to the assumption by many that a decorative hearth heater is designed to heat an entire house and that most homes are designed around the hearth. there is a disconnect here and has been since the late 1800's. personally, my propane heat is disconnected and I only heat with pellet stove...but it is my choice...and when the Ecoteck blows a convection motor (which it did last week) or the P61 which also did the same last night...i have to accept it for what it is...over worked stoves.

The dude wining about not having a gasket and somehow Englander is to blame for him having to turn on the oil is lame.

My choice to heat with stoves has consequences. Repairs, cleaning etc are obvious, but we cannot go away anywhere when it is below freezing for an extended period of time either....or have anyone house sit without a crash course in being the pellet superintendent. Not to mention the liability.....this is also the reason why pellet stoves DO NOT WORK WELL in rental properties.

stoves are great to offset the primary but stoves are not and should not be primary unless the owner is 100% prepared. The dude with wrong gasket was not.

My Ecoteck does pretty much the entire house but it is not centrally located so its not very efficient but it was the only place i could install it without having the vent visible from the front.

I took the P61 from my shop...I had it in the basement a couple years ago but moved it out one summer cause the basement just gets too damp and running it during the summer is somewhat retarded

You also have the Elena and I have the Francesca...you got me by 20,000 BTUS

Status
Not open for further replies.