got to love Mass government??????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was supposed to save money. But we all knew that would not happen and now TONS of people are paying out the nose for insurance with features they never wanted. I have friends that had their insurance go up 2-3x. Absolute failure.
Absolute failure because many did everything in their power to make it fail with no regard for the american public.

Absolute failure because many did everything in their power to make it fail with no regard for the american public.
It passed. And it was unfunded. And it screwed tons of hard working people. And it still is screwing them.

"We have to pass obamacare to see what is in it!!" - Democratic speaker of the house Pelosi

It passed. And it was unfunded. And it screwed tons of hard working people. And it still is screwing them.

"We have to pass obamacare to see what is in it!!" - Democratic speaker of the house Pelosi
Ok no it wasnt un funded. And yes it was far from perfect but if it was worked on from the start we could have addressed many of the problems by now. Instead it was fought from the start and never given a chance to work.
Yes it screwed some but it also helped many others.

Ok no it wasnt un funded. And yes it was far from perfect but if it was worked on from the start we could have addressed many of the problems by now. Instead it was fought from the start and never given a chance to work.
Yes it screwed some but it also helped many others.
The only way it can 'work' is with more subsidization of the insurance companies. Guess where that money comes from? You and me hard working guys and goes right to insurance companies so other people can have lower rates. Classic wealth redistribution and a mixture of corporate fascism worked right in.

Let's require people to have healthcare by law.
Then we make insurance more expensive by adding requirements to the insurance companies for 'minimum coverage'.
Then let's subsidize the insurance companies to make it cheaper for a few and more expensive for others.
Now let's all step back and be surprised when this doesn't work out well and start blaming each other.

Meanwhile, insurance companies got more customers by law, raised rates under the guise of more coverage, and became much more powerful because of it. This was a blow to the public by government, through insurance companies, who just got richer.

There is some serious crony capitalism going on here. It should make all of our hairs go up. Health insurance isn't the only place stuff like this happens.

The only way it can 'work' is with more subsidization of the insurance companies. .
Thats the problem. Insurance companies should be no where near health care. Thats why i have to wait 7 months for an appointment.So the insurance company can extract 7 months of premiums out of me before they have to provide any services. Which is at least 20 times the cost of the visit. Imagine if SS was run through an insurance company. Millions more got FREE healthcare than before, so who gets the bill for that. The more free HC doled out the more it cost for paying customers. IF you think HC is expensive now, wait until its free for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: bholler
Hah... bholler and I agree on a “political hot topic”!

I felt the ground shake and had to come in and see what was going on. >>

Maybe Texas government needs some love too...

They are asking for $12bn from the Federal Gov't to help build sea walls to protect vital energy infrastructure against storm surges, which are probably made worse by global warming.

https://apnews.com/4adc5a2a2e6b45df953ebcba6b63d171

But Texas hates Federal spending. And Texas is big enough to pay for it themselves, I mean they have that $11bn rainy day fund. Or maybe, just maybe, the petroleum companies that benefit from the sea walls should agree to pay a $12bn tax to pay for the thing. Is this not a clear case of free-rider?

Maybe Texas government needs some love too...

They are asking for $12bn from the Federal Gov't to help build sea walls to protect vital energy infrastructure against storm surges, which are probably made worse by global warming.

https://apnews.com/4adc5a2a2e6b45df953ebcba6b63d171

But Texas hates Federal spending. And Texas is big enough to pay for it themselves, I mean they have that $11bn rainy day fund. Or maybe, just maybe, the petroleum companies that benefit from the sea walls should agree to pay a $12bn tax to pay for the thing. Is this not a clear case of free-rider?

Meh. That article has such an obvious left-leaning bias, it’s hard to take anything in it seriously. Hurricane Harvey swamped Houston. There’s more in Houston than just oil companies.

... and exactly what does this have to do with Mass government?

... and exactly what does this have to do with Mass government?

And you think Texas pork spending is not as bad as Mass gov spending?

That $12bn to build those walls is going to have to be borrowed money unless the budget is balanced.

Why not just admit that we have problems that require federal spending and coordination and then figure out a tax to pay for it instead of spending money on sea walls while advocating tax cuts, which both Texas senators strongly supported.

And which part of the article is wrong?

Like I said many pages ago..they ALL push each other out of the way to get federal money. No..they don't deserve it. No..no one should get any...of any kind. Each state needs to budget for it's own disasters.

Maybe if companies and people didn't get bailout constantly, they would plan better. Maybe not..but it's not everyone else's problem if you dont.

Mass debt is lower than Connecticut, much lower than Texas or Californian but a much smaller state. Texas already had almost 300B of debt .Californian is the debt king (after the Fed Govt)approaching one trillion figuring in unfunded pensions. Perhaps debt per resident or debt per taxpayer is,more relevant.

well 70+ homes blow up(4:30pm), and latest news no answers? gov. Baker pissed and doesn't give any answers?160,ooo can't go home( little folk ooo) . somethin goin on here?

well 70+ homes blow up(4:30pm), and latest news no answers? gov. Baker pissed and doesn't give any answers?160,ooo can't go home( little folk ooo) . somethin goin on here?

News story I just read (which was buried, not front page) said 1 house blew up, 39 homes damaged, 4 people injured. Got a link to your story?

News story I just read (which was buried, not front page) said 1 house blew up, 39 homes damaged, 4 people injured. Got a link to your story?
That was the gas explosion in pa not mass

just listen to the news. many building blown up only a few off it's foundation, other people had their windows open so house wasn't moved but many fires. state police report 70+ buildings on fire. still not done the gas pressure was some how pushed beyond what the regulators can handle so the excess pressure open gas valves and weak spots not usually a problem and poof. all the gas and electric to Andover, North Andover and Lawrence is off they are just waiting for the pressure to drop before they can start checking one house at a time before they turn it back on. the city of Lawrence took the biggest hit. no power or gas and they say it might take 1 to 2 weeks to recover enough to turn it back on

and many in the hospital with blast injury. so far 1 dead when a chimney blew up and fell on the guys car with him in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.