Grandpa Bear Firebricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Since '76 was the first year for the double door stoves, you may want to measure the inside of firebox to verify your stove was made to exact dimensions for the following brick sizes called for in drawing;

All bricks are 1 1/4" thick 4 1/2 X 9 before cutting;

Bottom 8 full - starting at left rear corner, place 2 lengthwise across stove leaving space along right side edge. They will also not reach the front leaving a space across front as well.
Fill in right side bottom with four 4 1/2 X 6 5/16
Fill in across front bottom with two 2 9/16 X 9 and one 2 9/16 X 6 5/16

Back; 5 full - one 4 5/16 X 9

Each Side; Starting at rear, four stand up on each side and one 2 9/16 X 9 stood up at front to fill space to front wall.

Reactions: pen
Thanks pen, I thought so too, but I still can't find it !
Needed to put in print before my head explodes anyway.

Reactions: pen
My suggestion would be to measure first. If the bottom brick show on the drawings being installed first on any drawings, we changed the brick clips on all the models. We installed the back, sides and then the bottom. the bottom held everything in place while moving the stoves around and shipping. They were moved many times after being bricked and installed in houses. This eliminated people wanting us to send replacement brick. If we did this others may have too. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.