Green Garbage Supreme

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordmetalZ28

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2014
Hudson Valley NY
There further i get into this ton i bought in august the worse it gets besides random bags filled with puffed up moisture soaked pellets now im finding plastic in these green supremes. I contacted Newp who basically did not want to be bothered and put all the blame on HD. Unless its the last pellet on earth im done with Newp. Only 23 more bags of this junk left thankfully. watch your pellets people if you have Newp products from this year green junk.jpg junk supreme.jpg

Hmmmm, my pellets don't have that green tint. I wonder what that is?

I bought one ton in October and they are terrible. Have to clean my stove every three days and heat output is so inconsistent from bag to bag. Thankfully down to last 10 bags and cannot wait to be done. No plastic in any bags from my ton and that's the only positive.

Is the mold something that might be common to some hoarders in humid summer areas? I have read pellets will absorb moisture out of the humidity unless in a cool dry place.

Just bought 20 bags to hoard some more for the winter ;) and I'm burning the fist bag. Even with my rookie knowledge about everything pellets and pellet stoves, I can tell the heat output is waaaaay less than my Energex pellets I've been using and even the North American pellets I got from HD and Lowes burn hotter. But not 100% sure yet...I just wanted to say that I'm using them too I guess.

I need to buy an extruder and start extruding pellets from cattle manure, we have plenty of that and it will burn.......

Reactions: bogieb
Did 3 tons last year of green suprem.heat is terrible and ashy as heck .never again if I can help it.

picked up 4 bags at HD a few days ago just to try them out. Very ashy ! Don't think I'd buy them again unless I was almost out and that was all I could find.

I've been burning GS lately since my Energex ran out. I wanted to get into Jan before starting on my Okie DF's. The biggest thing in my Harman that I notice with the GS is it's chewing them alive and plenty of ash to go around ( the ash isn't a whole lot worse than Energex from I can see but burn volume is up). They are heating the house but using quite a bit more of them to do it in a similar temp as last year with better pellets. I only have two bags left so almost out of those now.. Here in New England any affordable pellet tends to be ashy ( HD, box stores get in a surprise high quality pellet now and then though) but I do like to buy pellets rated at 8600 BTU or better. These are not and it shows in the burn rate.

Last edited:
I'm trying the AWF White Pines from HD for the first time and am very impressed with the heat. Even in a stove that hasn't been cleaned in a month they are toasting me out of the room. Cleaning the stove today so I can't wait to see how hot they really burn.

I'm trying the AWF White Pines from HD for the first time and am very impressed with the heat. Even in a stove that hasn't been cleaned in a month they are toasting me out of the room. Cleaning the stove today so I can't wait to see how hot they really burn.
Yes these are really good pellets, one of the surprises I mentioned in my other post. High heat low ash.

This is just so odd! Any of the ones I purchased this year have been awesome. I just got another 1/2 ton of them since I like them so much. Never had an issue with any of the Green Supremes I've bought.

Which name are these market under at HD?

Which name are these market under at HD?
American Wood Fiber . Pure White Pine- Super Premium is all on the label. .3% ash 8600 BTU. When they are around they are a good buy. Locally the HD went from about 5 weeks worth of those to Stove chow and now to Greene Supreme.

Found this today when refilling. Only 10 more bags of this junk left!! again plastic or some other contaminant separated in one piece again

Attachments

• green junk supreme.jpg
    green junk supreme.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 211
  • green junk suprme 2.jpg
    green junk suprme 2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 202
My hopper is almost empty from my last bag of these. I never asked what clinkers were but now I know. I will only buy these as a last resort from now on.

Found this today when refilling. Only 10 more bags of this junk left!! again plastic or some other contaminant separated in one piece again

Kinda looks like a minature chocolate eclair.... I'm hungry......

Reactions: LordmetalZ28
I must admit that the Green Supreme I have is bad and is the first pellet to cause a shutdown of my stove due to bridging at the auger opening. Also they stick to the side of the hopper like no other pellet I have tried and the heat is mediocre at best. To be fair, it appears water got into the bags as I have found swelled pellets and also a couple of softball-sized orbs of solid unburnable sawdust. I did buy them from a private seller and he said they were stored in his garage but they were last year's supply and potentially could have absorbed a lot of moisture over the summer. A half a dozen bags to go and I can start using my supply of Maine's Choice.

Last edited:
I use Green Supreme to line animal cages and it works quite well for that.

Reactions: Peterfield
I've burned peanuts, popcorn I had laying around without any issues

Hahaha. I was happy to read this. My wife thinks I'm 'nuts' because I toss my pistachio shells in the stove....

Reactions: jss227
Newp responded to me today and despite the fact I keep finding plastic in the pellets and moisture they keep telling me there pellets are fine to burn ( guess they must not have heard me say 9 times its plastic chunks in these pellets). There plant manger someone who has never seen these pellets of mine says there just dark wood even though ive been pulling out chunks of plastic. Also moisture is apparently fine to newp also. They have magic augers over there that never bind up. Then after that they keep saying the same thing over again that they where the first pellet company registered under pfi standards bla bla bla. id like to know what there pfi standard has to do with my defective pellets. Never ever again will I buy newp again from newp down to warm front no thank you. Ill turn the gas furnace back on first. Just thought id share my experience with you guys. Watch yourselfs if your dealing with newp. Maybe I expected them to be like pennington and fix the situation when a problem came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.