Green supreme is not as bad as I thought

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisnow86

Minister of Fire
Picked up a ton of green supreme pellets... I had North American pellets before and they were good but these have a lot more heat.. The ash is so so I know it's on the lower end of the pellet scale but there not as bad as a lot of people make them out to be.. I am using half the pellets keeping my house at 70*, really big difference.. These things would turn my house into a sona if I wanted to

Their not the end of the world pellet as people make them out to be, I have 2 tons i'm using as a shoulder pellet and they do just fine keeping the house at 74 and for 200$ a ton, I happy. Not nearly as hot as the orfords but also 65$ a ton less

Ya I mean I ran my stove on 3 all day and it was a high of 38* here and the house was 68* when I got home... Bumped it up to 8 and it's getting a little toasty in here already lol

I have gs and they vary bag to bag its strange. The first 5 bags left clinkers the size of a dead rat. The last 5 bags have burned so well I thought my g/f already cleaned out the burn pot. Ive made no adjustments either. They burn hot for me im getting 210 degrees on setting 1. 260 degrees on setting 2. Ive never gone above setting 2 cause I have a smaller house and 2 keeps it at 74 . There is no shoulder season here with a small house. The most horrible pellet heats my home well. I can only imagine when I get my hands on some oakanagas and hamers

Reactions: bogieb and jtakeman
Burned 3/4 ton of these this season, a little ashey but heat is good.

I burned a ton at the end of last year and it was the best one of the three I tried. I would have bought them this year but no one close had them

I bought 3 tons of the Green Supremes and while they are not bad they are not nearly as hot as some, however at $239 a ton compared to many others that were over $300 a ton when I was looking they are doing just fine. I did find a Softwood pellet AWF White Pine, that I have been buying a few bags at a time for $269 a ton. They have great heat but ashy and a lot of fines. My Englander does not seem to mind so I mix the 2 and seem to have a great compromise.

G S is a desperation fuel for me. Glad some have had good luck with them but unless I'm scraping for pellets you can have my share. Way too much ash and thus the need to clean far more often. Also, around here the price of almost any pellet by the ton is within a few bucks so no savings and more work.

I think it's a stove thing. AWF Ultras (softwood) is the best pellet I have used so far in terms of heat, low ash, no fines in the bag and longevity, in that it is the only brand where one bag lasted 24 hours under the same setting and outside temps as others I have tried. Green Supremes burn fine, do have more ash but so what, beats the heck out of my former wood stove and since they are cheaper than other brands, I don't care if I have to burn a few extra bags to get the same heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.