Green Supreme

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinelife

Minister of Fire
May 31, 2010
Way Up North Michigan
I know there probably has been discussions on this, but how are Green Supremes rated lately in the last few years. I have a chance to get some at 179 a ton ... thank you in advance .

Wow they made it out that far, Newp must be really raking in the $$$$ this year

Reactions: Augmister
Well are they any good??

Lately, or in the last few years? Lol. Lately, they've been ashy. In the last few years, they've been ashy.

I'd actually be tempted to get some for that price, especially if they're delivered.

Reactions: CT Pellet
For 179, that would be a great price, at least around me.

Good is subjective. I buy them for the shoulders, because they feed slower than most and are a little more ashy, that is my experience.

Holy crap! GS in northern Michigan!?

Normally, I'd say stay far away....they are not good pellets. BUT, at that price, they would be OK for shoulder seasons.

They are just re-bagged (nasty) NEWPs. If the bags say made in the Jaffery, NH Plant,they might be somewhat better.

NEWP also has had their plant in Deposit, NY running for over a year now.....wonder if anyone has gotten any of those?

NEWP also has had their plant in Deposit, NY running for over a year now.....wonder if anyone has gotten any of those?

Yes, I burned some in the spring. Worse than the NH plant. More ash-less heat. Pellets crumble easy and fall apart. No dust at all though. Smell is odd, Almost musty?

Yes, I burned some in the spring. Worse than the NH plant. More ash-less heat. Pellets crumble easy and fall apart. No dust at all though. Smell is odd, Almost musty?
OK, disregard PM I sent.

Thanks for the info ...

GS burned fine for me last year in Lopi Leyden. About the same as FSU and Stove Chow - but certainly not as good as the Cubex, Hamers, and Barefoots that I still have stashed from a few seasons ago.

GS's are a great shoulder pellet at a great price,...a very consistent burn with above average ash,.... but when the temps dip below freezing your gonna want a hotter pellet.
my 2 cents

GS at $179 mixed with something a bit better would work well as a "shoulder FILLER"... hey, we got a new class of pellet! Shoulder FILLER. Like Chuck Roast!

Yeah, but other than that they are fine.

I know there probably has been discussions on this, but how are Green Supremes rated lately in the last few years. I have a chance to get some at 179 a ton ... thank you in advance .
I burned 4 tons of green Supremes and they burned very well in my stove, even the wife noticed how well they burned.

This is the first year of the new PFI standards that say they have to list anything they add(binder-die lube-ect.). I have heard and seen veggy oil used as a die lube. Die lube would also be my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.