Green Team pellet report.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevyGuy

Jul 28, 2015
New York
Hi everyone. I wanted to post about these Green Team pellets I have been using for a few weeks. This is my second year with a pellet stove. Last year we tried 5 different brands to see which was the best. Green Supreme, Stove Chow, Pennington, New England and Nations choice. All were about the same heat output and ash.
With that being said, if you haven't learned yet, every stove is different and burns differently. The way they are set up varies also and that effects how well the pellets burn. Well with the research I did I tried different variations of setting and also adjusted the sliding air intake on the back of the stove. Still, all of the brands burned about the same.
This year I got a few bags again of the Green Supreme I used last year. Same heat output as before again. Then I bought some of the Green TEAM pellets and WOW WOW WOOOOOW. Like DAY AND NIGHT in heat output. I have burned about 30 bags so far (I have 2 identical stoves running) and I am blown away by the heat they put out. The top rim of my stove gets so hot I can only touch it for a short time, and I only have the stoves set on 3 of a scale of 1 to 5. They never got that hot even set on 5 with the other brands. I am actually afraid to set the stove level any higher because of this fact. AND....the ash output is less than the others were.
I have sat on this computer for hours reading review after review of so many brands I was about to go nuts. I never found any consistency of reviews saying any one brand was better than all the others. Yes, some are obviously JUNK. But this brand, at least for me, is AWESOME.

Hi everyone. I wanted to post about these Green Team pellets I have been using for a few weeks. This is my second year with a pellet stove. Last year we tried 5 different brands to see which was the best. Green Supreme, Stove Chow, Pennington, New England and Nations choice. All were about the same heat output and ash.
With that being said, if you haven't learned yet, every stove is different and burns differently. The way they are set up varies also and that effects how well the pellets burn. Well with the research I did I tried different variations of setting and also adjusted the sliding air intake on the back of the stove. Still, all of the brands burned about the same.
This year I got a few bags again of the Green Supreme I used last year. Same heat output as before again. Then I bought some of the Green TEAM pellets and WOW WOW WOOOOOW. Like DAY AND NIGHT in heat output. I have burned about 30 bags so far (I have 2 identical stoves running) and I am blown away by the heat they put out. The top rim of my stove gets so hot I can only touch it for a short time, and I only have the stoves set on 3 of a scale of 1 to 5. They never got that hot even set on 5 with the other brands. I am actually afraid to set the stove level any higher because of this fact. AND....the ash output is less than the others were.
I have sat on this computer for hours reading review after review of so many brands I was about to go nuts. I never found any consistency of reviews saying any one brand was better than all the others. Yes, some are obviously JUNK. But this brand, at least for me, is AWESOME.
good for you..:cool:
GS usually get's a big thumbs down here more often than not.. dirty/ashy....

I used Green Team for years. Very popular in these parts. So much so that I got on their mailing list to get advanced notice of a shipment in my area. The only problem is that they priced me right out of being a loyal customer. I've found other pellets (my stove seems to like hardwood) that perform as well if not better for a lot less. I hope they're a little more reasonably priced in your area....otherwise a very good pellet.

I used Green Team for years. Very popular in these parts. So much so that I got on their mailing list to get advanced notice of a shipment in my area. The only problem is that they priced me right out of being a loyal customer. I've found other pellets (my stove seems to like hardwood) that perform as well if not better for a lot less. I hope they're a little more reasonably priced in your area....otherwise a very good pellet.
I'm thinking I may have confused these with Green Supremes...which I think we're the crappy pellets..

They are selling green team platinum at lowes for 6.98 per bag in woburn ma. No thank you burning blazers this year and paid 6 bucks per bag. My house is sitting g at 73 degrees at a low setting 2 out of 5. Three bag stretch this week thus far from sat until today and ash is so minimal it's hard to believe.

I'm thinking I may have confused these with Green Supremes...which I think we're the crappy pellets..
Yes....yes you did. We were waiting for you to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.