Greene Gold Pellets - Anyone ever use these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kh395269

Mar 27, 2008
CT
Hi, I already bought 4 tons of Pennington to get me through the winter -hopefully. I got them at a good price so I'm hoping they work out ok. However, I just found a dealer not toofar away in CT that is selling Green Gold pellets for $235-$240 a ton right now. Just wondering if anyone has ever used these pellets and how they are. They are manufactured in Western PA. Thanks, Kim

I have burned a couple bags of ther Greene Team Pellets. They are located South of Pittsburgh. I would think it is the same company. The Greene Team pellets burned good and the density was nice. The pellets were more money than I can get my current pellets, ProPellets, so it did not work out.

Eric

What is the purpose of a plant, say Energex, selling so many different labels of pellets? Juniata, Energex, etc. I could understand if something was different, but so often they are the same type (premium) and same wood (hardwood).

The consumer likes choices. If I sold three different bags with the same pellets you know one person will like one bag more than another even with the exact same pellet inside. Also opens up a territory argument keeping stores close to each other from having a price war.

Eric

kh395269 said:
Hi, I already bought 4 tons of Pennington to get me through the winter -hopefully. I got them at a good price so I'm hoping they work out ok. However, I just found a dealer not toofar away in CT that is selling Green Gold pellets for $235-$240 a ton right now. Just wondering if anyone has ever used these pellets and how they are. They are manufactured in Western PA. Thanks, Kim

did you buy the green gold pellets from the guy? I think you might be talking about the primopellets website in Wallingford, right?

Ya I saw their website also...... .7 ash kinda high,I thought anything over .6 was not considered premium..I bought softwood so far this year,, they have a .35 ash and 8200btu

Status
Not open for further replies.