Grizzley Double Door - Rope replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GoJoeGo

Oct 5, 2019
NM
All,

I have a used Grizzley double door wood stove. I believe the gasket was never installed correctly. It doesn't seal. The problem I believe is how the seal is routed down the middle between the two doors.

I've tried several routes, but can't seem to get it to seal.

Any suggestions? Does anyone have an image for proper rope replacement?

Thanks

Some of those old stoves didnt have gasket seals and later users added them.

Hopefully somebody is familiar with the stove.

This stove has the grove for rope. I measured it at 5/8" on the inside. But there is also a grove between the doors which measures at 1/4". You can use a full rope from the inside of one door which will loop to the outside of the inner door along the middle section and then back to the fireside. I have tried using rope for that but it just won't seal. Maybe I need larger than 5/8" rope?

This stove has the grove for rope. I measured it at 5/8" on the inside. But there is also a grove between the doors which measures at 1/4". You can use a full rope from the inside of one door which will loop to the outside of the inner door along the middle section and then back to the fireside. I have tried using rope for that but it just won't seal. Maybe I need larger than 5/8" rope?

And, I know this might bring up a new topic, but I only have access to the Imperial brand of rope gasket here. The first packages I purchased were 5/8" x 8'. It didn't quite fit the channel correctly so I measure the rope.... 3/8". Package error.