Grounding PelPro PP130

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

robnjes

Dec 17, 2022
California
I live in a mobile home and it is required to ground the stove to the frame of the mobile home. We have gone under and attached 8” copper wire to the frame of our home but can’t find anywhere to attach it on the stove. Does anybody know where that could or should go? I have tried researching with no luck and the manual gives no answers. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Is there a rear cabinet screw on the rear that a #14 ground wire could be attached to?

There are but the bolts have epoxy on them so it wouldn’t work to ground. I think I’m going to use a metal washer and ground it that way.

thats a new one the stove is already grounded through the plug
I live in California and they have some of the most ridiculous rules about things. We had to pull a permit to install the stove and in order to pass inspection this was one of the requirements. It’s actually in the owners manual/installation guide yet it doesn’t explain where to ground it to on the stove.

makes me wonder why people want to live in California. So many strange rules their

I unplug our stove in the spring-fall months so stove would ungrounded during those months. Our chimney and tv antenna are grounded however. With the stovepipe sticking up through the the roof probably a good idea.

I would believe you could use any bolt on the exterior of the stove since the ground coming through the power wire runs to the frame of the stove. Just make sure your remove the paint down to bare metal wherever you attach.