Guess where Henry found this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rideau

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2012
southern ontario
2009-09-01-2 266.JPG

Reactions: Pallet Pete and zap
I typed an answer to this the other day, so what happened to it? Oh,well.

Henry is my grandson. He lives on Maui. Loves snakes, so from that perspective only it is unfortunate he lives on Maui...no snakes in Hawaii.

Spent a year with me when his Dad was being treated for cancer. He has amazing vision...found an incredible number of snakes, including species that are not supposed to live in our area. Largest was a big (maybe 4 feet?) fat milk snake. Smallest was a tiny salmon colored snake the size of a pencil...can't recall species, will have to look it up. Isn't supposed to be north of PA>

One particularly long garter snake wrapped its tail around his belt loop. He came over to me and showed me.at which point the snake slithered its tail across Henry's snap and around the belt loop on the other side...a snake belt. Henry wasn't too thrilled....

That is a great pic, kids have no fear. Reminds me of an incident a couple of years ago. My 8 year old daughter was chasing a snake across the yard and every time she tried to pick it up it was trying to bite her. So being the "big brave"father I showed her how to gently stand on its tail and then pick them up behind the head (seen it done many times). She did and I asked her if that was the 1st time she had ever touched a snake. She said.." yeap" and I replied me too !! For 41 years I never got any closer than a shovel handle or big stick.. .... couldn't show fear in front of the kiddo .lol. Not to sure if I want to make a habit of it though.

Reactions: Xena
Status
Not open for further replies.