Ha In your face mother nature !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

Well today we got the stove draft figured out and fired her back up next thing I know the power goes out! Sheesh what a storm it is right now ! Boom bang whoosh crack and a little tic tic on the windows. Only problem is I have to use my mobile data on the phone ick

Pete

Wow Pete. All we had was a little rain. It stopped for a while and now it is raining again. Whoops. Just heard a bit of thunder. I do see some high winds are expected later tonight and it is expected to be windy for the next few days.

Man Dennis if what we have is coming your way take cover ! It is raging outside right now wind wise the rain has slowed way down. This makes me happy by the way I can heat without power woot!

Pete

Hear some distant thunder once in a while but nothing great. Raining pretty good. Haven't had much wind at all. Maybe you people in that town need to change your ways. :lol: But I guess we are all going to get wind very soon. Hang in there Pete. You can do the cooking on the wood stove now.

Ya, I can hardly wait to go to work tonight. At least I have a pretty big route, and I'll be driving a close to 80,000lb truck. Actually has calmed down here, but the wind is supposed to be worst between midnight and 6am. Yay.

Good Jeff, that wind shouldn't bother that truck too much unless you are in a headwind. Good luck.

Got Tired of looking at my name! said:
Well today we got the stove draft figured out and fired her back up next thing I know the power goes out! Sheesh what a storm it is right now ! Boom bang whoosh crack and a little tic tic on the windows. Only problem is I have to use my mobile data on the phone ick

Pete

Looks like National Grid is getting ready for the high winds in Northern NY starting tomorrow.

http://northcountrynow.com/news/nat...-strong-winds-across-northern-new-york-051303

zap

looks like a small tornado is skipping 20miles north of me right now.
Nothing coming from the southeast right now, we may get through this one unscathed.
hell of a lightshow on the horizon to the north

Ya guys I think this winter is quite insane it feels like spring out right now lol ! Be safe guys no kite flying or skydiving in the storms as for me I am gonna play with my welder lol. Power is back yippee

Pete

Ya. No skydiving either if you have a case of the trots.

jeff_t said:
Ya, I can hardly wait to go to work tonight. At least I have a pretty big route, and I'll be driving a close to 80,000lb truck. Actually has calmed down here, but the wind is supposed to be worst between midnight and 6am. Yay.

Be careful out there driver. Nothing matches looking in the mirror and seeing the whole side of your trailer. You won't believe what happens next. 80,000 sounds like doubles. That is even more exciting along about then. The side of one in one mirror and the side of the other one in the other mirror. :ahhh:

BrotherBart said:
jeff_t said:

Be careful out there driver. Nothing matches looking in the mirror and seeing the whole side of your trailer. You won't believe what happens next. 80,000 sounds like doubles. That is even more exciting along about then. The side of one in one mirror and the side of the other one in the other mirror. :ahhh:

Just a single 48 foot reefer. Most of my crosswind driving was with a full load. I deliver about half in one city, then an hour and a half drive to my next stop. Calmed down a bit by then, and mostly headwind. MPGs sucked though. I usually finish the route around 6 in the winter. Hit 5.2 this time.

I watched a truck in front of me blow sideways on ice last winter. Made me glad I had that full trailer. When I drove trains here in Michigan, I saw the sides of my trailers a lot in the winter, usually trying to stop. Kinda got used to it. Forty-two tires makes a bunch of lateral stability in a crosswind.

It was a bit disconcerting standing on my hearth and feeling it rumble becore I left, though.

Jeff that sounds like a good gig ! I hauled all 48 then got on Chrysler dcx and loved it Chicago to east coast plants all in a 200 mile radius of each other. Saw my sides a few times scary stuff. I tell ya glass haul made me wet a few times too nothing like an upright load of glass to catch the wind and say helloooo to ya. Be safe Jeff Mi winter is a blast !

Pete

Pallet Pete said:
Jeff that sounds like a good gig ! I hauled all 48 then got on Chrysler dcx and loved it Chicago to east coast plants all in a 200 mile radius of each other. Saw my sides a few times scary stuff. I tell ya glass haul made me wet a few times too nothing like an upright load of glass to catch the wind and say helloooo to ya. Be safe Jeff Mi winter is a blast !

Pete

Huh. One of my managers came from dcx. He started with us about three years ago.

Small world isn't it! I just ran into a gentleman who was a dispatcher at my old job and he now works for the plumbing company coming to fix my bathroom. They say your 13 people away from knowing everybody
( Don't know how true that is though ) :lol:

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.