Hacking Harman's touch screen OS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maladjusted

Mar 2, 2017
Richmond VA
Anyone know of anyone hacking into Harman's Touch Screen OS? I think I read that it they are using Open Source so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I have been inquiring about an update to allow wifi access to the scheduler and stove status... I keep getting the "we are working on it" schpeel.

I don't want to re-invent the wheel if someone has already done it.

Mal

Not hacking if its open source. I have never downloaded any update software of harmans but i would bet there is a disclaimer about reverse engineering it. Anything done over the internet and related to reverse engineering falls under USHS ( u s homeland security) and they dont play nice. Ask me how i know. Be patient if they are working on it im sure they will update ASAP.