Hamers Hot Ones vs Englander stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjones139

Feeling the Heat
Dec 9, 2013
Orange County, NY
Can anyone shed some light on the pro and cons of burning Hamers in an Englander stove? I have the opportunity to purchase a ton of Hamers and want some input from some fellow Englander owners. Currently burning a ton of Prestos and quite happy with the heat and low ash. Hamers are highly rated so I thought I'd try as long as I get some input. Thanks in advance.....

John, Englander 25-PDV

Hammers do burn nasty Hot!! The last several batches I've purchased are very small, like 1/4-1/2" in size. The only thing you may need to adjust is feed rate and air. Hammers seem to burn the best with a little more air. I've been burning them for years with no complaints. I usually save them for the cold snaps!

Reactions: jjones139
Hammers do burn nasty Hot!! The last several batches I've purchased are very small, like 1/4-1/2" in size. The only thing you may need to adjust is feed rate and air. Hammers seem to burn the best with a little more air. I've been burning them for years with no complaints. I usually save them for the cold snaps!

It's been a rough cold winter so having the Hamers will offset my Prestos, especially on those brutally cold days :)

My 25 EP loves Hamers. I really love Hamers. My settings on the stove are 1,4,1. No complaints, no issues. Down right AWESOME!

Reactions: jjones139
My 25 EP loves Hamers. I really love Hamers. My settings on the stove are 1,4,1. No complaints, no issues. Down right AWESOME!

Thanks for the info, but I'm a little confused on your 1,4,1 settings. Aren't the factory settings 6,4,1?

No, the Evolution, or 25 EP, came from the factory with 1,4,1 or 1,5,1 settings. I can't remember which. Your PVD stove probably runs differently than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.