Hampton HI300 Buyers needing black enamel oversize faceplate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwampYankee

Sep 18, 2008
Southern CT
Hi everyone. I've been lurking and learning here since last fall - what a great site. This is my first post - I wanted to share my recent experience so somebody else might benefit from it.

I researched wood inserts to death for 6 months and decided on the Hampton HI300. Pulled the trigger in early July by ordering a black enamel stove with oversize faceplate. Original install date was in early August but that was delayed due to demand. No problem. The stove finally came in a few days ago and I called the dealer to schedule the install. Only one problem... no faceplate. The dealer told me that Hampton (Regency) is not manufacturing the oversize faceplate in black enamel. DOH!

The dealer says they could get the Timberline Brown stove to me by Thanksgiving but the color doesn't work with our house. The standard Metallic Black stoves won't be ready until sometime in 2009 according to the factory rep. The dealer has been great to work with and I'm not faulting them since I missed this fact as well while doing all my research.

I'm a little frustrated that its back to the drawing board (I always liked Wile E. Coyote) in mid-September. Oh well. I'm looking at the Jotul C450 next. And I still have my oil-fired boiler... BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!

+1, go see it in person, you may change your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.