Hampton insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burntime

Aug 18, 2006
C'mon hunting season!
Well, I finally purchased it and it is almost in. The fireplace shop has to finish the install with the liner...they were missing the collar for the top of the stove (Flue?) and it will be done. I have been wanting to update the old beast for a long time...its finally here!!!! Can't wait for the cool nights to season it and then let 'er rip!!!

Unfortunately the fluue colar is a separate item, Go figure, but the Hamptons are nice stoves

These collars are attached to the top of the insert stove with sheet metal screws threw the tabs
Make sure they use refactory cement or furnace cement to seal the contact areas the boot to the stove top and
the connector pipe cconnection

Congrats on the new insert! To bad about the flue colar. Are you going post any pics?

Funny you should ask, I just covered the old brick with a lannon stone. I'll snap some pics and see if I can load them...it is a world of difference from what it started. Its 6ft wide 8ft high and has a 6 and a half foot mantle that I made accross it. It will look a lot better with a fire in the box though.

Status
Not open for further replies.