Hampton rebate - wood inserts/stoves NOT elgible in fine print!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

avlism

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver, WA
So, I go to redeem my rebate on-line for the purchase of my HI200 and it says they my serial # is not elgible for that promotion. So I go look at the fine print on the rebate form and the elgible products are Hampton gas inserts, but Hampton wood inserts are not listed. I looked on the Hampton website and it says "SAVE $150 on Gas & select Wood until Feb 25! See in store for full details.", but according to the rebate form NO wood burning Hamptons are elgible. I sent the following email to the company and will let you guys know what I hear back. Hopefully they will step up and do the right thing as their web page is misleading (actually false advertising as NO wood products are elgible and it states select wood products).

Email I sent to Hampton:

Hello, I just purchased an HI200 wood insert. When I tried to enter the info in for the rebate, it said the serial # is not elgible for the rebate. I checked the fine print on the rebate form and it looks like it includes Hampton inserts EXCEPT wood inserts/stoves. According to the HAMPTON website: "SAVE $150 on Gas & select Wood until Feb 25! See in store for full details." This is not accurate as NO Hampton wood stoves/inserts are included in this rebate according to the form. EVERY dealer I went to said I would get a rebate with the purchase of this insert so I did not read the fine print. I would like to request the rebate as I purchased with the understanding I would receive it and it was a driving force behind my decision. I suspect you will have many upset customers who were also misinformed about this rebate. I plan on putting out a cautionary post on the hearth forum so people realize they will not get the rebate they expect and it will not be a surprise to them like it was to me. I would hope you guys would provide the rebate to your wood burning customers as I suspect most of them purchased with the misinformation that they would receive the rebate. This would definately show your customers you appreciate their business and their satisfaction with your product is important to you. There is always alot of discussion about customer support from different insert manufacturers on the forum and I'm sure this will be a hot topic. I know everyone on the hearth forum loves their Hampton! Thank you

Oh...and on the rebate slip it doesn't even say it doesn't include the hampton woodstoves, it just omits it saying that (i'm paraphrasing as I don't have it in front of me) elgible items are Regency, Hampton, and Excalibur gas inserts and Regency and Excalibur wood products...Sneaky!

Status
Not open for further replies.