Handle broke!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Blacknight318

Mar 14, 2014
Menomonie, WI
Wife went to open the stove and empty the burn put and the handle came off. After looking it looks like the bolt snapped along with the threaded collar the handle turns on. Our dealer said we'd have to replace the door basically, had anyone every done this? If so does the door come in pieces or assembled? 384b30cd716a74fdba8131bad1d83521.jpge52cba39144cfa7c8cdc1f3113a86fd2.jpg66f858ecbfbe9aa1fb86e11e11793df8.jpgcf69c5e8333249c9edcd75162209d444.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

should be able to just drill out the broken bolt in the door, might need to get a tap to clean up the threads then just replace the bolt.

ok just pulled the handle off my stove and understand what happened now, yeah that will be tough fix without the proper tools. I would drill out the collar and weld a shoulder bolt to the door but I have all the necessary tools to do it. my guess is that the new door comes assembled but you can call Ardisam and double check.They may even send you a replacement door for free.

Last edited:
For what is worth, this is the door assembly picture. It does seem you can disassemble, except the whole door that has that little nut you are missing. Caveat, this is for the stove that begins its serial number with 01232. .not sure if is different with the other.
z7bK6eW.jpg