Hanging gas heater LP conversion?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guts and glory

Jan 3, 2014
Orange county Ny
Normally between me or my father in law we can fix anything...this one has me lingering on the 'net.
I picked up an Empire 2000 series hanging heater that was set up to run on Natural gas, I've converted ranges from NG to LP before ( kind of a no brainer) . Searching the web is leaving me with $200 conversion kits and sporadic information.
I can venture to say that no one here is going to say it's "easy" or "go ahead and hang a fire hazard from your garage ceiling" lol...
here's the specs anyway ....Tag in pic says #51 jet size, can I just get the proper size jet and a generic regulator from the supply house?

The problem I'm having is I don't want to put a wood stove in the garage because of the flammable vapor hazard.My utility room also cantilevers into the garage making it an icebox in the winter. The pipes did'nt freeze last winter but I wasn't burning wood in the house till now.

This is more reason to go with a wood boiler....;hm

any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• empire tag.jpg
    empire tag.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 148
  • empire heater.jpg
    empire heater.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.