Happy, Happy, Happy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mudbug250

Burning Hunk
Dec 17, 2011
Central Mississippi
Gonna be tired, sore and warm! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362089942.804476.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1362089973.823840.jpg

Nice work mudbug. Way to get after those BTUs man!

I am not gonna cut any more or scrounge anymore till I get this split and stacked. I think I have given myself a pretty good case if bursitis on my left outer forearm. I am good for sawing and picking up the big rounds but try to pick up a split by the end with that one hand using only fingers and hand and OMG where did the knife in my forearm come from.

Reactions: Gasifier
Is that hickory?

I am not gonna cut any more or scrounge anymore till I get this split and stacked. I think I have given myself a pretty good case if bursitis on my left outer forearm. I am good for sawing and picking up the big rounds but try to pick up a split by the end with that one hand using only fingers and hand and OMG where did the knife in my forearm come from.

I hate it when pains start to take over your day. Time for a rest from that particular thing. Your body is talking to you I guess. And it is saying something like, "Hey, knock that chit off!" ;lol

Reactions: Thistle
The stuff I cut at my aunt's today and the wood I cut and have the rounds stacked neatly are all oak. I am beginning to think that the Craigslist score I got was not oak. Maybe shagbark hickory. The bark just peals in strips.

Pauly, in the front or back of the pile in the first pic!

That stuff in the top pic just in a pile.....that was my first thought too. Maybe hickory

I think the darker stuff in the back is the hickory the stuff in front and the stack are oak

I think the darker stuff in the back is the hickory the stuff in front and the stack are oak
The stuff with the greenish gray bark does not look like oak or at least not oak that we have around these parts but I have been wrong before and sure I will be again.

Awesome work!

We have always called it oak. It has small acorns. The stacked rounds is pin oak.

Reactions: ScotO and tfdchief
The stuff I cut at my aunt's today and the wood I cut and have the rounds stacked neatly are all oak. I am beginning to think that the Craigslist score I got was not oak. Maybe shagbark hickory. The bark just peals in strips.
Got some shag bark hickory's out back , they don't look like that,but hard to tell in pics, looks like U got 3 kinds of wood there ,do ya ?

Two different oaks. Front of pile and neatly stacked rounds. They are different types of oak. But the stuff on the back is hard to tell because the bark was water logged. Might be red oak now that think about it. Smelled like some type of oak as I was loading it.

I think I have given myself a pretty good case if bursitis on my left outer forearm.
Mine is in my right elbow...I feel ya brotha

I did not help things out today either. I changed out a couple of the decking boards to our tandem axle 16' trailer. And hope to start splitting tomorrow.

Reactions: ScotO
The title of this thread reminds me of the TV show Duck Dynasty. Phil Robertson always says "Happy Happy Happy"

The title of this thread reminds me of the TV show Duck Dynasty. Phil Robertson always says "Happy Happy Happy"
you are well on your way, Mudbug. Keep after it. What temps are you gettin down there? Spring is right around the corner for you guys....

As for Duck Dynasty, I like Phil and his philosophy on life, but Uncle Si is my hero......I love that guy.....(see signature below....)

High of 45 and low of 27 tonight. So we are still getting some cold ones. About to go start splitting.

Duck dynasty was definitely the inspiration for the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.