Harbor Freight Wood Moisture Meter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mileage varies...I've bought at least 50 different items over the last few years and have never had one fail. Includes sanders, grinders, air compressor, folding trailer, etc., etc. I'd never buy a precision tool from them (or anyone else, at that pricepoint). I personally believe a lot of the notoriety stems from the fact that their stuff is made in China. For what it's worth, so is most of the competition, which bears traditionally American-made labels.
Always wondered if the Chinese use cheap Chinese tools to make cheap Chinese tools.

Always wondered if the Chinese use cheap Chinese tools to make cheap Chinese tools.

Yeah, they probably yearn for the good old days, when they all had Chevy Vegas and Ford Pintos...

Mileage varies...I've bought at least 50 different items over the last few years and have never had one fail. Includes sanders, grinders, air compressor, folding trailer, etc., etc. I'd never buy a precision tool from them (or anyone else, at that pricepoint). I personally believe a lot of the notoriety stems from the fact that their stuff is made in China. For what it's worth, so is most of the competition, which bears traditionally American-made labels.
Bought an oscillating tool from HF, lasted about an hour. Metal cut off saw from HF. Lasted about 3 hours of use. Rule of thumb with HF is if you use a tool frequently,buy a good one. IF just occasionally HF is OK. Incidentally i liked the oscillating tool concept so much i bought a craftsman,much better quality and toolless accessory changing. Iv used it for hours already and no problems.

I got the cheapest HF oscillating tool and have used it perhaps 10 hours removing paint from 90-year old doors. I paid $17 (on sale, plus 25% off coupon) and it's still going strong. YMMV...

I got the cheapest HF oscillating tool and have used it perhaps 10 hours removing paint from 90-year old doors. I paid $17 (on sale, plus 25% off coupon) and it's still going strong. YMMV...
I got one of those too a couple of years ago just because. I haven't even used it yet, so it's in great shape. Can't get more occasional than that.

We had a Pacer - good roomy car - hotter than the devil in the summer. It was designed for the Wankel engine that GM was scheduled to build, but didn't. The straight 6 was shoehorned under the hood.
Interesting tidbit.

We had a Pacer - good roomy car - hotter than the devil in the summer. It was designed for the Wankel engine that GM was scheduled to build, but didn't. The straight 6 was shoehorned under the hood.

Green house on wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.