Hard and heavy.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Sunburst honey locust picked up three loads today at a construction site,ridiculously heavy,this load here weighed at Yellow Freight was 1600lbs.Had to leave the bigger rounds there insane weight. hl.jpg hl1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good wood right there. Locust is heavy but splits easy and ranks high on the BTU chart. Take all you can get.

Yeah i love locust i keep a stack to the side in reserve for really cold times.

It is nice to see that a law man still has no issues with ignoring weight limit laws and the safety of others sharing the road with him.

Reactions: rox3406
Yeah i love locust i keep a stack to the side in reserve for really cold times.

It is nice to see that a law man still has no issues with ignoring weight limit laws and the safety of others sharing the road with him.
Then do your civic duty and report the offender,if you can prove any laws were broken.Now before I unload on your ignorance you'd better call the moderators to your defense an you've done previously when you'd been had.::-)

Then do your civic duty and report the offender,if you can prove any laws were broken.Now before I unload on your ignorance you'd better call the moderators to your defense an you've done previously when you'd been had.::-)
I am a moderator. You clearly indicated you were way over weight for your truck. That is illegal and you know it.

And btw i have never been had by you. Have a nice day.

That truck doesn't look like it's struggling at all though to be quite fair.
I agree and if that is 1600 lbs i am impressed by that i have never seen a taco sit that level with any load. But it still doesnt make it safe or legal. 6 lug axles are not made for that weight. And i am sure the tires arent load range e either

I agree and if that is 1600 lbs i am impressed by that i have never seen a taco sit that level with any load. But it still doesnt make it safe or legal. 6 lug axles are not made for that weight. And i am sure the tires arent load range e either
The new trucks come with three leaf springs and oversized shocks,that load at 1600lbs didn't even phase it,handles like a dream.I'm going to see if I can put a ton or more in it this weekend,lots more where that came from. Remember honorable moderator if the Taco fails there's no truck made out there I can't buy and pay cash for that can do what taco can't.:p

The new trucks come with three leaf springs and oversized shocks,that load at 1600lbs didn't even phase it,handles like a dream.I'm going to see if I can put a ton or more in it this weekend,lots more where that came from. Remember honorable moderator if the Taco fails there's no truck made out there I can't buy and pay cash for that can do what taco can't.:p
Wow thats great. And what did that bring the load capacity of the truck up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.