Hardwood Heat Pellets (Southern States) - Hamer Product?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

smithmal

Nov 5, 2007
MD
Called SS in my area (Mt. Airy, MD) to see what pellets they were selling. They said "Hamer." I stopped by and picked up 10 bags to hold me over until my 2 tons of Lignetics Gold gets delivered.

They had a couple guys that loaded them up and I didn't even bother to look at the label. When I got home, I noted that they say "Hardwood Heat" so I got concerned.

Then I found this expired thread (link) on Hearth.com and noted that HH is really a rebranded Hamer product that has in the past been found at TSC. No one mentioned this Hamer rebrand being sold @ SS so I'm wondering if this is still the case? Below is a pic:

Capture.jpg

I haven't read that Hamer's has a plant now in Richmond, VA?

Can anyone confirm this product is still made by Hamer's and if the quality has held up?

Thanks,

smithmal

Last edited:
Yes they are hamers. I got a ton last year and have 15 bags remaining before using AWF hardwood. You can run the bar code, which i did for mine, and it came back as hamer. Quality is great. I just burn through them fast since they are smaller in size.

Yes they are hamers. I got a ton last year and have 15 bags remaining before using AWF hardwood. You can run the bar code, which i did for mine, and it came back as hamer. Quality is great. I just burn through them fast since they are smaller in size.
Found a couple of bag's of AWF hardwood for $2 a bag at my local grocery store, only had 2 bags and had them call out back to see if they had more, well they burn great, low ash and decent heat!!, tried finding more but no luck

I just got two more tons yesterday. Been burning them since they were called "Hamer's Hot Ones" ….. still great. Been using one or the other since early '90s, tried others with disappointing results.

I see to recall they come out of West Virginia Hamer's mill. Richmond on the bag refers to SS home offices.

And today, had two more tons delivered and stacked, but today was two tons "Hamer's Hot Ones" bags, but they are the same as the SS inside the bag.