Harman 52i Burn Pot Peeling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jak2000

Oct 18, 2021
Pennsylvania
Hi All - I have an ~8 year old Harman Accentra 52i that has worked great for its life to date. I went to get it ready for the new season (after doing a thorough cleaning in the spring) and I noticed that the front edge of the burn pot is showing flaking/peeling. It’s only at the front edge (maybe, 1-1.5 cm from the edge at most) and the flaking is in 2 or 3 spots where the outer layer is peeling upwards. Just curious if I should be looking to get a replacement burn pot ASAP or if this is no big deal and we can continue to burn like normal. The burn pot itself seems to be fine beneath the flaking/peeling areas and in perfect shape everywhere else.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by "outer layer", the burn pot is a solid piece of steel. If you mean that there is some surface rust flaking off, then that's nothing to be concerned about. If the burn pot is warped, then you might think about replacing it.

After further inspection, I was mistaken - it was just some material that had fallen from the upper part of the stove that I wasn’t able to reach when cleaning at the end of the spring season (and I jumped the gun/had a mild panic attack that the stove was falling apart). The burn pot is still in perfect shape ;em

Reactions: Washed-Up